June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

I went to Kelsey's today to have a salad and I came home and looked up the nutrition information to calculate my points.  I can't BELIEVE how much fat is in the dressings on salads at restaurants.  I mean, it makes them taste better, but I got a salad to be healthy!  It came to 14 points...  Oy.  Plus then my folks came home from visiting with my nonna and nonno and they brought me home leftovers which consisted of penne and homemade tomato sauce, a homemade meatball and sausauge in tomato sauce.  So good.  I have been over my point limit the last four days in a row.  Good thing I have flex points but tomorrow is going to be a day where I am very under my point limit.  Not looking forward to Tuesday's weigh in.  Hopefully it's not as bad as I am making it out in my head.  I am okay with not losing weight every week but gaining weight this early on might be a major set back for me.  The next two weeks won't be any better either as it will be filled with birthday things, social events and baking!


Work.  I don't even know what it is that I am to say about it anymore.  I have been so busy and so stressed out over work for the last couple of weeks.  I actually stayed until 9:30 on Wednesday night so that I could at least catch up on a few file openings.  There are so many accumulating that I can't open because I am now working on getting files together in time for signing the documents and closing the transaction.  Of the ten that I was given or I assumed, I only have two more that need to be completed.  They are related transactions and I think the sale is mostly done.  I have already written to the current mortgagee requesting a mortgage discharge statement so I know how much money we need to pay to them so we can register a discharge of that mortgage and take it off title.  I also got all the tax information for the client so I was able to complete the statement of adjustments and tell the other side how much our client paid in taxes and whether they need to be compensated by their client for the amount paid.  Now for the purchase, I am still working on getting the mortgage instructions under control.  These instructions are from Macquarie.  I have no idea who they are.  We have had many mortgages come through for them but I have never seen a bank for them and I don't really know where one would go to request a Macquarie mortgage.  Anyways, not that the instructons are difficult but they are different then any I have done before so it's taking longer than I think it should.

There were a couple of rush file openings that needed to be done last week.  All of them are closing on June 30th so I don't even know how many we are up to now for that day.  For a small firm, I know it's a damn lot.  The bossman gave them to this one girl to open up because she would likely be the one that would be finishing off the files.  But she pawned them all off on me, of course.  So I am supposed to stop everything and open these damn files for her?!  Gah.  So I left them to the end of the day, opened them, and then had her scrambling I think to try and get everything in order.  So ridiculous some people are.

I was in Burlington this weekend at the Sound of Music Festival.  This is what contributed to my overdoing of points, even though there wasn't TOO much bad eating.  But I did have half of a pulled pork sandwich.  Those things are absolutely to die for.  Yum!  They were also giving away free Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches which are good for the point system but god damn are they expensive.  So I took it while they were free.  I didn't want to use up two points though, so I shared it with boyfriend.  He liked it too.  Also ended up eating a souvlaki pita that evening and some oil popped popcorn.  And of course a couple of beers and a couple of vodkas. haha I can't stop drinking just because I have to watch my points now, can I?!  I'm totally in trouble these next couple of weeks... haha

I have to start resting up for next week.  I feel work and socializing and baking will be a doozy for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment