May 19, 2010

A wee little update

Well well well I'm finally moving on up in the office!!  Bossman presented me with 8 different files (5 purchases and 3 sales) that I am to take from start to finish all by myself.  They are already opened (and of course I opene them all) and they don't close until the end of June for the most part so I have a lot of time to work on them and make sure everything is in order.  I still dont have the disk for Teraview but it will be coming soon so I will actually be able to prepare the transfers and everything also!  I'm very very excited about the prospect of learning new things and actually seeing a finished product.  About time!

Now that the receptionist is working at the office full time, we are able to get more files opened, quicker.  She still needs me to look over each file before she sends out the letters to the client, other lawyer and deal secretaries and agents but she is getting the hang of it pretty quickly.  Especially the sale files.  I still have to open a lot of purchase files, especially ones that the lawyer gives me for status certificates and new home or condominium purchase agreements.  The files need to be opened before I can type up the letters to give to the clients and/or the agents.  So... It takes up a hell of a lot of time.  And then I am behind on all the "regular" file openings.  So the receptionist and I are planning on staying late a few days in the next coming weeks so that we can get all caught up.  Sigh.  There goes my "life"!  hahaha  The bossman overpaid me a couple of weeks ago because he just used the amount from the paycheque before when I had ten extra overtime hours, so now I owe the bossman ten hours of overtime.  Might as well break even as soon as I can so I dont owe him for too long.  Starting tomorrow!

I have been on a relatively no carb diet for a week and a half.  My "weigh in" was on Monday.  I am just doing it on my own so there is no official weigh in.  But based on the scales upstairs, I lost 6 pounds in my first week!  So I decided to do the no bread/pasta/rice/popcorn/cereal diet for a few more days to jumpstart my diet.  Then I am going to get on the Weight Watchers band wagon.  I haven't done that diet/life style in years but they have two different plans.  You can switch between the two plans every week if you choose so I am going to try them both for a while and see which one I like better or which one works better.  I do look forward to eating breads and pastas again!  Milestones or Montana's this weekend will put a nice start to my reintroduction to carbs.

1 comment:

  1. Gah! I haven't seen you in so long--or read your blog for that matter (but I'm catching up). Good to see that your boss finally hired someone and that they're in full-time. At least she's not a slow-learner.

    I can't believe your boss overpaid you! That's awesome but then not awesome because now you owe him. It's never good to owe your employer.

    I hope WW works for you. I've been "trying" to lose about 5-8lbs but it's not going so well. Trying is in quotes because I'm not really trying. I haven't exercises at all and I know that with exercise I can do it but I just don't feel motivated--especially with mild food poisoning that started last Monday. That's not been fun. I had to take two full days off work. Not cool especially since I am still four months into my six-month probation period. Ugh, so long! Just give me benefits already!! So now I'm a little bit paranoid that they're going to can me because I've had so many sick days already (like possible 4) but I blame it on my dad who made me eat the spoiled chicken.

    We really need to catch up sometime. I miss hanging out with you. Plus I'm tired of seeing Sean's face like once or twice a week, hahaha. Oh and so jealous of your potential trip to Milestone's. I don't even like cheesecake but they have the BEST white chocolate cheesecake. I hope you got it!

    ReplyDelete