March 25, 2010

The Carrie Underwood Spectacle

The days at the office have been kind of blending together lately which is why my blogs are not all that work related.  But you just wait!  SOON!  When that new girl gets hired and I have trained the hell out of her, I will be learning my new tasks and I will have plenty to tell you folks.  As for now, nothing too exciting.  Although, the clients are still hilariously bizzare.  Like this one the other day called us up.  I answer the phone with the law firm's name so everyone knows who they are calling.  Anyways, he proceeds to tell me that someone emailed him and sent him our initial letter and questionnaire.  This person is me since that is step two after opening the file in the computer system.  So he's like "this letter says that you are barristers & solicitors" and I responded with "yes, we're a law office with lawyers".  Maybe a facetious answer but many people don't realize that barristers & solicitors are in fact lawyers.  So he goes on asking me why we need the questionnaire, he didn't recognize the law firm name and whether we will then pass it on to his lawyer...  After telling him we are his lawyer, he still didn't recognize us.  And we had already done his new home review.  And spoken on the phone with him several times.  And emailing him several times about that review.  Oy.  I don't know how some people survive...

I stayed a couple of extra hours today.  Opened up two mortgage files and two transfers.  A transfer file is just changing title from one person or persons to another.  Or taking one person off or adding one person.  It's not actually a purchase or sale in the property.  There is little or no consideration given.  So often independent legal advice is needed so that they understand the consequences of going on or coming off title without giving or getting any compensation for it.  As well as any mortgage consequences.  They are easy files for the most part and the bossman can get good moneys for it.  I haven't done a transfer yet because I still dont have my tereview disk.  But when I do, look out world!  I will be making transfers left right and center!

Tuesday night I went to Hamilton to see Carrie Underwood.  This was my first country concert but since it was Carrie Underwood, it was really only half country.  She has some very very country songs though.  Her first opening band was Sons of Sylvia.  Three brothers jamming away on stage.  The first one was named Adam.  He played this really tiny guitar and he played it around his nipples!  I'm not really sure what that instrument is technically called but it's awesome.  Check it out for yourself, even though all my photos are quite blurry since digital photos don't really turn out well far away in dark concert halls.  This one is actually a photo of the big screen they have next to the stage.
The second brother was named Austin.  I don't think I have any photos of him just by himself.  He played mostly the guitar.  This photo is when they decided they were going to jam.  The vocalist grabbed his violin/fiddle and they did some picking:
They are Canadian born guys and they crowd ate them up.  Far heavier than I thought they were going to be, except when they brought out the violin/fiddle.  They had some pop influences too.  I think they were pretty different but not sure how many male fans they would have.  As for the females, even if they didn't like the music all too much, the singer, Ashley, is pretty.  He kind of had some Jimmy Neutron hair going on.  Here he is being all intense:

The next artist was Craig Morgan.  I had never heard of him, nor any of his songs.  He's very much what you would consider a classic country singer.  Now, although I don't normally really listen to country, other than the pop country that is Carrie Underwood and Shania Twain, I really enjoyed what Craig Morgan had to offer.  He was extremely happy and laid back and loved every moment that he was up on that stage.

Then out came Carrie Underwood.  I hadn't read any reviews of her previous concerts so I had no idea what to expect.  What I got was a big production put on by a very enthusiastic and beautiful lady.  She can sing very well live, which is pretty much a given, given the way she handled herself on American Idol.  She did several costume changes which I also wasn't expecting.  I thought she would merely be in one outfit and do a few things on stage.  She didn't dance and didn't have any back up dancers (thank god).  But she changed at least five times and had several interesting props on stage.

First, she came out of the floor on a psychiatrist's couch:
Her second album is called Carnival Ride so she pretended she was at the carnival next:
She was in a super hot little waitress-esqe outfit.  But prettier.
She did a costume change into these fake overall things.  Thankfully I don't have a close up of the outfit.  But I do have a photo of her swinging from a make shift fake tree swing.
Then the coolest thing ever happened.  She went offstage and there was a bit of a montage of Carrie walking through the streets of Oklahoma.  Then she jumps into the back of the a blue pick up truck on the screen and voila!  She's in the pick up truck in the air!  So neat.
She does a duet with Randy Travis on one of her albums.  Since he couldn't be there and she couldn't be performing on the Grand Ole Opry, she pretended to be there and had him singing on the screen behind her on the Grand Ole Opry stage.  Quite cheesy but perfect for a country show.
She also does a duet with the Sons of Sylvia boys.  They came up on stage and they performed really well together.  SInce they have so much intensity and are still relatively new to the scene, I think Carrie had a rather hard time at not breaking out laughing while she was up there with them.

Just before the finale she was in a super short dress.  This is for the benefit of the boys:
All in all a great show.

Off to Burlington this weekend.  Hopefully it's not as cold and as wet as they are calling for.  I was wanting to go to the Maple Syrup festival at Bronte Park.  That's unlikely to happen now though.

No comments:

Post a Comment