March 18, 2010

Happy Belated St Paddys!

Happy Belated St. Patrick's Day to you!!  I spent my special day at work and then went to a pub on main street with the folks.  We sat on the patio, even though it started to get pretty darn chilly as the sun began to set.  I met the folks at the pub and mom already had finished half a green beer.  But when I ordered, she claimed she didnt like it (apparently she thought the green beer would somehow taste different than regular beer) and so I just finished hers.  Here it is:

So she then ordered a white wine.  Which she ordered green!  My mother is such a crazy thinker that way!!  Here it is:

We so then ordered some grub.  They were just pub meals but the sammiches were pretty good.  Dad got the pulled pork sandwich.  Mom got the roast beef dip sandwich.  And I got the Italian sandwich made with veal:

I think we all loved our meals.  I would have liked to stay there and have more green beer but the place was packed and like I said, as the sun set, the chill set in.

It was also Bossman's birthday.  So, of course, we ordered a Dufflet cake!  This time it was a Cappuccino Dacquoise.  The bossman was still reeling over the crazies that were in before so he was very chatty and making all these jokes about them.  They still haven't come back to sign their documents.  Apparently they somehow managed to get an extension from the builder on their closing day.  And after several emails back and forth with the crazy woman, they are scheduled to be back in tomorrow morning.  They also now have to go for independent legal advice.  This is because they changed their mortgage.  So now the son is on the mortgage/title at 98% and each parent is on at 1%.  So now they need another lawyer to explain to them that they only owe a small portion of title but if for some reason the mortgage does not get paid, they are still on the hook for the entire amount.  Luckily, we have another real estate lawyer just down the hall that will do that for us.  So after they go to him, they must come back to us.  Lucky us.

Anyways, all that to explain why I didn't have time to get a photo of the whole cake.  He was incredibly excited to get to eating it.  So here is my piece of the cake:
Pretty great cake I tells ya.

Speaking of irrate clients, we had another one in the other day.  This one, the client's name had an extra letter on the cheque.  So she was going on and on about how that person does not exist in the world and therefore the bank would be unable to deposit that cheque.  It is not the first time that a client's name has been misspelled on a cheque.  The problem with this one was that it was issued by the purchaser\s lawyer and so it wasn't just as easy as us re-writing a cheque.  The clerk had noticed this issue prior to the client coming in to pick up the cheque and had already received an undertaking from the purchasers lawyer to make a new cheque in case this one was not accepted by the bank.  But this client would not have any of that.  She went on and on to the clerk.  And of course both the lawyers were in meetings.  And she had a cab waiting for her downstairs.  Finally a lawyer was able to talk to them and she gave them a hard time as well.  Oy.  There was nothing we could do for her at that moment.  Either she would have to come back in a couple of days when we got a new cheque or she would have to at least attempt to put in the cheque and see if the bank had any issues.  Which they didn't.  Which we knew they wouldn't.  So she got her money and she got out of our faces.

My dog has been rather ill lately.  Had to bring him yet again to the vet this evening.  Normally my mom does that bad part of the job, but this time she had to be in Italian class.  So I had to old the wuss while he screamed and yelped when he got his shot.  Plus they shoved two pills down his throat.  One was a pill to soothe his belly.  Kind of like a pepto.  The other was much bigger and a pain killer.  But he wouldn't take it.  Instead, they had to put the pill in a pill shooter and shove it down his throat.  Rather uncomfortable and awkward for him.  But it went down.  And he's been sleeping all night ever since so I'm hoping that means things are working. 

It was a gorgeous evening for walking.  I plowed around my circuit in just under 30 minutes.  It does give my shins, salves and butt a good little workout.  Hopefully tomorrow evening is still nice so I can go again.  I feel the bad weather and overtime working is making me slack!

2 comments:

  1. i liked your post - a little bit of this and a little bit of that - sounds like what i do sometimes - i am in real estate too and you sure get some doozies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, green beer, I love it! You guys are the only ones I know that partook in any St. Paddy's Day celebrations. Even Sean's mom was not around.

    Ah, more Dufflet cake! I'm glad I only have to see it and not eat it though. Make sure you get more of you co-workers to eat it than you do though. For 55 workers, we had 3 cakes and I made sure everyone ate more than I did so that if we all put on weight, they'd put on more than me, mwuahahaha!

    ReplyDelete