March 10, 2010

Into Overtime We Go!

What an exhausting day.  I walked in to the office and one of my co-workers said that we had to go to storage to get a few files.  Now when I say storage, there are really three large storage rooms filled with hundreds of boxes filled with thousands of files.  They attempt to be put away alphabetically and by year but often that is not the case and files just cannot be found.  There must be a better way of storing these files but I can't come up with one!  So these boxes are piled high and we have to move the boxes from one stack to the next without dropping them on our heads so that we can get the file out of the box which always happens to be at the very bottom of the pile.  Gave my arms a very good workout though!  Exhausting start to the day.

Apparently that `grow op` email guy called back because the email I attempted to send to him didn`t get to his inbox.  Turns out is wasn`t grow op.  It was `grow up`.  This even after I spelled it out with him.  Twice.  So after I tell everyone about what not to do when giving out email addresses to lawyers, he goes and spoils my fun.  But also, one should never tell themselves to grow up in an email address to lawyers.

We got an upgrade in the Conveyancer computer program last week.  That program is the one used for real estate transactions.  It keeps them all in order and keeps track of everything that needs to be done online for the purchases, sales and mortgages.  So this update has several things that are different and better.  The big bossman set up a webinar with the Conveyancer people.  That`s right.  Webinar.  Which is a seminar, but over the computer.  But then you have to call in and have the woman speak to you over the phone.  So its a webinar seminar over the phone.  Confused yet?!?  In any event, we all feel slightly more comfortable with the program, although everything that we went over, I don't do on a daily basis yet.  BUT SOON!  Or so I keep telling myself with my fingers crossed/

The boss man also asked me to start staying late so that I can get caught up on some of the file openings.  Apparently he wants the back up of unopened files opened prior to hiring someone new.  Even though I could have sworn that's what he said her job was going to entail.  But I think it's because he wants her to get eased into things with just phone duties.  And then letters.  And then eventually some file openings.  But I'm not sure I really want to wait for all that.  Not that I have much of a choice.  So off I go staying late.  Yay OT!  Just cant stay too late in the evening since I have all my amazing tv shows on.  Like the current masterpiece I have on.  Melrose Place.  Yes.  Masterpiece.  I still managed to get my walk in though!

1 comment:

  1. Aw man, I even went and told Sean about your "grow op" guy story. Now it's no fun. Let's keep it up anyway. No need for him to know the real truth.

    Melrose Place?? Good lord! You're the only person I know who watches that show!

    ReplyDelete