March 15, 2010

Weekend Update

I spent the weekend over at the boyfriend's house so I missed out on a few days of blogging.  And walking.  But that's the rain's fault.  At least I will continue to blame the weather.

Friday was a good day at the office.  Pretty slow.  Pretty uneventful.  After dinner we watched Pirate Radio.  Quite good.  Nothing like I really expected it to be.  The entire thing takes place on a boat.  They play pop and rock music to England because the regular stations refuse to play any good music.  Philip Seymour Hoffman and Bill Nighy star in it.  And Kenneth Branaugh plays the bad guy.  That's right.  Hamlet goes evil!  I would recommend it for people who like British films, 60s pop/rock and promiscuous sex.

Saturday afternoon we went to see Alice in Wonderland 3D.  Excellent.  It was my first foray into this generation of 3D.  Nothing came out and jumped at me.  That was what I was expecting.  Instead, it just felt as though I was immersed in the film.  The story takes place after Alice grows up.  It's a nice spin considering I thought it was just an exact remake of the original cartoon from eons ago.  Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter were quite amazing in it.  Anne Hathaway kind of scared me.  Too nice and sweet and delicate.  But she played that part well.  That evening was spent at a Karaoke and wing bar.

Sunday, the rain finally stopped but it was still dreary, damp and cold.  So alas, no walking for this gal.  Instead we stayed in and watched Leprechaun 3.  Now, if you are not familiar with the Leprechaun movies, you have been missing out on a lot!  Cheesy horrors.  Thne first one starred Jennifer Anniston.  SO classic.  The third one takes place in Las Vegas.  The Leprechaun gambles.  The Leprechaun rhymes.  The Leprechaun dances and chases his gold.  The three key ingredients to a classic horror film if I ever saw them.  There was a lot of gore and grit and blood.  My favourite.

Worked overtime again today.  There are just so many files that need to be opened.  Bossman wants me to get opened all the files that we currently have before the new girl starts so that I can focus on training her.  Speaking of, he interviewed a girl today.  Not sure how it went.  He didnt mentioned her at all again afterwards and he didn't really seem too pleased at the end of the interview.  I suppose that means that I am alone for at least another day. 

Although the majority of the work done in our office, at least 97%, is real estate law, one of the partners is actually a family law lawyer, focusing mostly on child protection.  He pretty much works solo, which is why I say he only takes up 3% of the work done in office.  Anyways, today I was asked to type up two of his verbal arguments that he is presenting this week.  It was different work so it was a welcome change.  However, it was also pretty draining.  The stories of these children are pretty sad and some terrifying.  Thankfully I just had to type it up.  Not research it, nor meet the families, nor present the case in court.  And thankfully I don't really know the full stories.  I just have no idea how someone could do that day in and day out.  And then go and get married and have children of their own.  I would be too nervous of the horror stories I have seen.

So no walking again today.  Getting home at 8:40 does not lend itself well to walking.  It's cold and dark.  And good prime time tv is on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment